It’s Easy to Get Prescriptions Online!
Before today, you may have mistakenly assumed that the only way to get a prescription is to set up an appointment with your primary care provider and undergo a full physical examination. While it is true that you legally must have a consultation with a doctor before receiving prescription medication, it is not true that you have to go to the doctor’s office in order to get the healthcare and medicines you need. With the innovation of telehealth, now, you can get prescriptions online as easily as 1, 2, 3.
Wait! What is Telehealth? Are They Real Doctors? Is It Expensive?
The current ways telehealth is being used are unprecedented. Virtual healthcare is an exciting development in making accessible and affordable healthcare solutions. The term telehealth is used interchangeably with telemedicine, but telehealth refers to the wider usage of digital information and technology to remotely access healthcare services and education. Telehealth patients utilize their computer, smartphone, or tablet to meet with a real-life doctor in real time, whether that is through video or voice calling. Especially after the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus, telehealth exploded in popularity because it gave patients the option to stay home, which greatly decreases the risk of transmission.
Telehealth offers a level of convenience that in-person doctors can’t match. Telehealth providers will often have a network of doctors, pediatricians, therapists, and specialists across the country, so they can give you access to quality healthcare you might not be able to find otherwise. They also often have longer hours than doctor offices to fit into your busy schedule, as well as immediate appointment availability so that you can solve your medical concerns quickly and efficiently. In many reviews, patients have claimed that their virtual doctor seemed more focused on caring for them and that they got more individualized and personalized care than they may have in the office.
Although the exact cost of telehealth services will vary depending on which telehealth provider you use, it is also typically a more cost-effective solution than an in-person doctor consultation. The price of general consultations starts as low as $20 or may even be free already under your insurance provider. Most telehealth providers do not require or even accept insurance coverage, so it is also an accessible option for those who do not have insurance. During your consultation, you will actually be able to see a real, friendly, and compassionate doctor on the other side of the video, or in some cases, their voice. This doctor will review your situation in order to determine a diagnosis and suggest a treatment plan. If possible or deemed necessary, they may even be able to write you a prescription, making it easy and convenient to get prescriptions online.
How You Can Schedule a Virtual Consultation and Get Prescriptions Online
Are you struggling with a cough and a sore throat? Or maybe you’re managing panic attacks and anxiety? Or you just can’t seem to get rid of that pesky acne? Virtual healthcare, or telehealth, is an amazing resource that can connect you with a real, trained, and licensed doctor whose main priority is to help you feel better and healthier.
There are three easy steps to take in order to schedule a virtual consultation; figure out what’s going on with your body; and get prescriptions online:
- If you already have an account with a telehealth provider, log in. If not, choose a telehealth provider that is trusted and user-friendly, and create an account through their website or app. You may be asked to provide your name, email, zip code, insurance information, date of birth, and other personal information in order to set up an account.
- After you have set up an account and logged into the telehealth platform, find the “Schedule” button. This may look different from provider to provider. You will be able to see a calendar or list of times and doctors that you can choose from. After you click on the consultation that works best for you, you will be given instructions explaining how to access the appointment when the time comes.
- When the time comes for your scheduled consultation, depending on the provider, you may have to follow a link or button in order to be connected with a doctor. The doctor will review your symptoms and medical history in order to decide on an appropriate diagnosis. During the consultation, it is important that you tell your virtual doctor about any existing prescriptions or medications that you are currently taking. You should always be honest with your doctor to give them a full picture of your health and your concerns. After review, they will suggest a treatment plan, and if required, will write the necessary prescriptions. Once you successfully get a prescription online, it can be electronically sent to your local pharmacy for you to pick up at your convenience. In some cases, the telehealth service will also have the option for you to get your prescription medication delivered to your front door, so you never have to leave the comfort of your home, although this will take more time than going to your local pharmacy to pick it up the same day.
What Kind of Prescriptions Can You Get Online?
It is important to clarify that virtual doctors may not be able to prescribe every medication, especially if your condition requires a controlled substance such as Adderall or sleeping pills such as Xanax and Ambien. Virtual doctor consultations are not appropriate if you have a complex condition, or if you are experiencing an emergency, life-threatening situation. In these cases, it is always recommended that you contact your doctor immediately or dial 911 if it is an emergency.
Fortunately, telehealth is available for a multitude of other prescription needs that are used to treat minor medical issues and conditions. You should always double-check with your telehealth provider and with local and state laws and regulations to determine exactly what prescriptions you can get online.
Generally, most telehealth providers will be able to prescribe the following:
- Antibiotics for treating bacterial infections
- Hypertension medication
- Birth control, such as a birth control pill
- Allergy medication
- Asthma medications, such as an inhaler
- Diabetes medication
- Anti-fungal medication
- Weight loss aids
- Some painkillers, as long as they are non-narcotic and non-DEA controlled
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get prescriptions online fast?
Absolutely! Because you don’t have to travel to a doctor’s office, wait for the doctor to be available, and go through nurses and evaluations, a virtual medical appointment will take significantly less time than an in-office appointment. For minor medical concerns and conditions, it can take as little as 15 minutes for a doctor to meet with you, determine a diagnosis, and write a new prescription or a prescription refill on the same day as you need it. Some telehealth services even have the option for you to get your prescription medication mailed to your front door!
Can I get a prescription without talking to a doctor?
No, there is no way for you to receive a prescription or get prescriptions online without a consultation with a doctor. You must consult with a healthcare professional to receive any prescription.
Can I get a prescription after a phone consultation?
While it is recommended that patients choose to do video consultations, you may be able to get a prescription after a phone-only visit with a doctor. However, some states do require a video consultation as a prerequisite for a prescription, so you may want to check with your local and state regulations and legislation.
Is a virtual doctor’s consultation safe?
Yes, as long as you are using a trustworthy telehealth provider that uses a secure platform and HIPAA-compliant video or phone conferencing software in order to protect your private information and what is discussed during the visit. Find a telehealth provider that has background checked every one of their doctors and ensures that their patients receive the highest quality of care. Unfortunately, there are telehealth websites that are scams and will take your money without ever allowing you to see a real doctor, so it is important to always check past patient reviews and the provider’s certifications to ensure that you are using a real and trusted service.
Need to Get Prescriptions Online? Find the Best Telehealth Provider
Are you ready to find out what all the hype is about and try out a virtual healthcare solution today? Telehealth may be the service that changes your life, because you can use it from the comfort and privacy of your home, or when you’re busy and on the go. When you’re choosing a telehealth provider for you and your loved ones, consider signing up with Telegra MD, the most trusted and top-rated telehealth platform available.
Telegra MD offers services and treatment for over 50 minor concerns and conditions, so you can have peace of mind knowing that most of your medical issues will be taken care of. Telegra MD is proud to have a network of friendly and caring doctors, therapists, dermatologists, and other specialists and experts with over 15 years of experience. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. There is never a time when you can’t access the quality healthcare you need. Tons of people have already met with and received treatment from Telegra MD doctors and were able to get their prescriptions online.